Fumihiko Suekane Home Page
Professor of Tohoku Univ., Research Center for Neutrino Science
Academic Research Staff at Tohoku University
My ResearchGate Page
My Linkedin Page
· My publication list
· My talk list
· My lecture list
My Recent Activities
News: 19/09/2017: Made a talk: "Neutrino Oscillation & Other Quantum Oscillations" in Erice School, Italy.
News: 09/2017: The Book "Modern Particle Physics" is reviewed good in JPS journal.
News: 29/05/2017: Made a talk: "General Review on Neutrino Oscillation" in GDR neutrino meeting at APC, Paris
News: 25/04/2017: Made a talk: "Reactor Th13 Measurement and Double Chooz Multidetector Results" at TYL/F(J/K)PPL meeting in Strasbourg, France
News: 25/04/2017: Made a talk: "Neutrino Oscillations" at Biennale meeting in Florence, Italy
News: 04/2017: Moved to APC lab. in Paris as Blaise Pascal Chair. Will stay there 1 year.
News: 12/2016: New Text book, "Modern Particle Physics (in Japanes) " is printed. (>800 sold as of July/2018)
I wrote S1: "Elementary Particles in Standard Model",
S2: "Leptonic Interactions",
S6: "Quark Model of Hadrons",
S8: "CKM matrix and its Measurement",
S9: "CP Violation"(9.3)(9.4),
S11: "The Standard Model and Future Prospects"(11.1)~(11.8),
Appendix-B: "Special Relativity"(B.3),
Appendix-C: "Elementary Particles and Quantum Mechanical Effects"
Previous (> 1year) acitivities
* Aug/2016: My book, "Neutrino Oscillations . . ." is reviewed good in CERN COURIER, 2016 Sept.
* July/2016: Selected as a Blaise Pascal Chair, a French award, for "Promotion of Neutrino Science".
* Mar./2016: Double Chooz, Near+Far preliminary high precision result is Presented .
The result is sin22Th13 = 0.111 +- 0.018, which is 1.6-sigma different from the Daya Bay result.
* Nov./2015: Awarded Break Through group prize as an initial KamLAND member.
* April/2015: Text book "Neutrino Oscillations: A practical guide to basics and applications" was printed from Springer. (>964 downloaded + hundreds of Books as of 10/2017)
* Dec./2016: Presented " Review of Short Baseline Programs in the World" in HINT16 @ J-PARC
* Mar./2016: Presented " R&D Experience for KamLAND 3M liter Liquid Scintillator Detector" in FroST16 @ Fermilab
* Feb./2016: Published "A White Paper on keV Sterile Neutrino Dark Matter" (arXiv:1602.04816)
* Jan./2016: Published "Double Chooz and Reactor Theta13 Experiments" (arXiv:1601.08041), to be published in Nucl. Phys. B special edition.
* Jan./2016: Published "Measurement of θ13 in Double Chooz using neutron captures on hydrogen with novel background rejection techniques" (JHEP 1601 (2016) 163)
* Jan./2016: Published "Status Report for the 21th J-PARC PAC : Searching for a Sterile Neutrino at J-PARC MLF (J-PARC E56, JSNS2)" (arXiv:1601.01046)
* Dec./2015: Presented "Hunt for Steriles: Decay at Rest (DAR) Experiments" in Nuphys2015 @ London.
* Dec./2015: Published "Muon capture on light isotopes in Double Chooz" (arXiv:1512.07562)
* Oct./2015: Presented "Sterile Neutrino Search Experiment at J-PARC MLF: JSNS2" in Tohoku Univ. CYRIC Seminar.
* Aug./2015: Presented " Complementarity of T2K/HK with Other Longer Baseline Experiments" in Workshop for Neutrino Programs with Facilities in Japan, @JPARC
* Jul./2015: Published "Status Report for the 20th J-PARC PAC : A Search for Sterile Neutrino at J-PARC MLF (J-PARC E56, JSNS2)" (arXiv:1507.07076)
* May/2015: Published "Sterile Neutrino Search Experiment at J-PARC MLF: JSNS2(J-PARC E56)" (High Energy News, vol.34, No.1).
* April/2015: Presented " Neutrino Oscillations: Where are we now and where to go? " in LPNHE Seminar @ Paris
* Feb./2015: Published "On-site Background Measurements for the J-PARC E56 Experiment: A Search for Sterile Neutrino at J-PARC MLF" (arXiv:1502.06324)
* Feb./2015: Published "Status Report (BKG measurement): A Search for Sterile Neutrino at J-PARC MLF" (arXiv:1502.02255)
* Summary of My Research History
§ 1983-1988: VENUS at TRISTAN; phD, Top quark search. Central Drift Chamber.
§ 1987-1989: Rare KL Decays at KEK; Search for KL --> m+e. Measurement of KL--> m+m.
In charge of particle ID system.
§ 1989-1997: SLD at SLAC; Fermion-Z0 coupling, weak mixing angle qW. VXD3 and CRID.
§ 1997-2007: KamLAND at Kamioka; Long Baseline Reactor Neutrino Oscillation. Measured (q12, Dm212). In charge of liquid scintillator system, background control.
§ 2003-2006: KASKA at Niigata; Shorter Baseline Reactor Neutrino Oscillation. Did not realize.
§ 2006- Now: Double Chooz at France; Shorter baseline Reactor Neutrino Oscillation. Measured (Theta13, Dm31). Light detection system. DCJapan spokesperson by 2013.
§ 2008- Now: R&D for reactor operation monitor for safeguard.
§ 2013- Now: Sterile neutrino search at MLF (JSNS2).
* My Research Story (update 20160726)
* Educational Activities
I have given two lectures per year in average at Tohoku Univ. , One outreach lecture for high schools per every two years in average.
I am interested in teaching elementary particle physics concretely.
E-mail: suekane at awa.tohoku.ac.jp
Research Center for Neutrino Science, Tohoku University
This document was updated on 01/10/2017